So, lately I’ve drawn much of my inspiration for this blog from things going on in the news, mostly because there’s absolutely nothing going on in my life. Absolutely. Nothing.
It’s so bad that in the five-year memory book I try to write in at the end of every day, just a quick recap of what transpired in the previous 24 hours, I actually noted: Picked Nick up from karate.
Actually, the entire post read: Still sick. Still fat. Spin Class. Whole Foods. Drove Nick to karate.
I mean, what the fuck? I used to have a life. I used to really do somewhat important-ish things. Now I am relegated to karate carpooling and steaming turnips.
But while there’s currently not much going on in my life, there does seem to be a bunch of things going on in the rest of the world. So much, in fact, that I really can’t get to writing about everything that’s caught my eye of late.
So I thought I’d share some links to interesting articles I’ve stumbled upon in the paper or trolling Facebook (which I now spend an inordinate amount of time on).
Herewith, some rabbit holes to jump down:
– Like, a day after I write about turning 50 (some day), I discover I’m not the only one wringing my hands about it.
– And if you missed the reference to crying about a future big birthday, here’s a refresher.
– As if turning 50’s not bad enough, a doctor will try to stick something where?
– Just when you thought Snapchat was the most worrisome app on your middle schooler’s iPhone, now there’s this.
– Although some media people can build a whole career out of that kind of stuff.
– Will you go ape shit if you read one more contradictory piece on parenting? You’re not alone.
If you’re still looking for something to do, why don’t you subscribe to the blog via email to get new posts delivered straight to your inbox? Just look for the box here that encourages you to do just that. Easy. Peasy.